Need feedback for project named NOWhere

Started by
4 comments, last by Novadude987 6 years, 5 months ago

Hello everyone

I wanna introduce my personal project named NOWhere first time. I posted earlier briefly with only screenshot, but now, I attach more detail description and video.

Abstract
This story is about journey of three kids that have own purposes respectively in near future. Big chatter Matt, meticulous Glenn, and suspicious girl Abi. Im gonna design this game based on 3D action adventure game. It includes action, puzzle, and storytelling, widely used as game grammer in adventure game. But I want to focus on storytelling with breaking 4th wall technique so that user can concentrate as surroundings not observer, like movie deadpool or house of cards

Key features
* Natural transition between third person view, fixed observing view, and cutscene camera. 
* Basically it follows platform game grammar but user can select or change game flow. 
* User activities affect game environment so user can choose strategy
* Action plus puzzle gimmic
* SD cartoon style matt and glenn, And realistic characters and env including Abi
* User real space, user game space, other players game space are concept of parallel universe. By the async network, game env is affected from other spaces. 

Details
* Genre: 3D action adventure
* Game mode: Network based single play
* Platform: PC, MAC, PS, XBOX, Switch
* Engine: Unity

First video: this only shows mood in the game. Notrepresent final game. (Many art asset is purchased)

sample video

" rel="external">

Advertisement

It looks cute, but if I'm asking myself "am I going to buy this game?", right now I wouldn't have enough information to make that decision. For me it boils down to what unique things you can do with the mechanics, and it's not clear from the trailer what those are.

FYI: There already is a game around called Nowhere by duangle: http://www.duangle.com/nowhere

I kinda like the concept. Any update on your game?

Your trailer needs to be more exciting, maybe add some audio dialogue and music? I also am not sure what the game is really about from said trailer. You should definitely improve it. Other than that (and the change of name) I think you have a pretty decent game on your hands.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement